Why use Dropbox?
Dropbox is a great resource to store and share files. I love using it when working on websites with clients to gain access to images and graphics, as they do not get compressed as they do sometimes with email.
This tutorial shows you how to set up a Dropbox account and share files (with screenshots).
Dropbox folders or files can be shared with individuals or groups to form a shared folder too, which can be great when working on a project together – or even sharing photos with family without needing to upload to social media!
Set up you Dropbox account
Firstly, you need to go to www.dropbox.com and set up an account.
How to upload and share your first files
Once signed in, follow the below instructions to upload and share your first files:
- Click “add folder”
- Give the folder a name, and add the email address of those you wish to share with in the textbox . Click “Create Folder”
- Once the folder is created, click on it to open it.
- Now drag and drop files from your computer.
- To go back to the main folder list, click on the blue Dropbox link at the top of the screen.
- Repeat as needed for additional folders or individual files
How to share folders or individual files
Files or whole folders can be shared individually by clicking the “Share” button that displays when you hover over a folder or file in your Dropbox.
How to delete Dropbox files or folders
Files or folders can be deleted by clicking on the folder or file. An extra row of icons will then display at the top of the screen. Click the “Delete” icon:
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me 🙂
Happy file sharing!
I am often asked to assist with the set-up of my client’s Facebook pages. In order to do this, they need to add a new admin to your Facebook page. So here are some easy to follow instructions for you…
There are 5 different access levels for your business Facebook page. Only the Administrator/s can change the level of someone’s access.
The access that these roles have are outlined below:
If you wish to add another person to the help in the running of your business Facebook page, then please follow the below instructions.
- Login to your business page
- Click on the Settings tab
- Click on Page Roles
- Add the email address and select the access level required for this person. This email address must be one linked with their Facebook account.
- Click SAVE
The person you have added should receive a notification that they have been added. They need to accept this invitation.
At any time, you may remove this person by clicking on the X to the right-hand side of their user profile – or change the level of their access using the dropdown box.
NB: if you add someone else as an Admin, they will have the same access rights as you – and could change YOUR settings.