Your WordPress website needs regular updating to keep it functioning properly and ensure that the latest security measures are in place.
We teach our clients how to do this, but we are well aware that it doesn’t always make it to the top of the to-do list…
What needs to be updated?
WordPress has three main components:
- WordPress core files
All of these need to be regularly updated to ensure that you have the latest security measures in place (and also to ensure they all remain compatible with each other).
Little Biz Online monthly maintenance package
To make life easy for you, and take this off your to-do list, the following package has been created:
- Managed backups
- Monthly updates of WordPress, theme and plugin files
- Installation of WP Feedback (optional)
Cost is per website. For multiple websites, please contact me.
Free access to UpdraftPlus Premium (a 2-site license is usually US$70/year) – managing a sophisticated backup retention plan for your website:
- Daily backups for the last week
- Weekly backups stored for the last 3 months
- Monthly backups stored for a year
Backups are stored in the Little Biz Online Dropbox (no need to fill up your own storage). Direct folder access so you can get your backups if you need them.
Scheduled monthly running of all pending updates to WordPress core, themes and plugins on your website.
Keeping these up to date will drastically reduce your risk of being a victim of hackers.
This is a great part of our web designer ‘toolbox’, and will make a massive difference in the ease of requesting any edits or reporting any issues to me going forward.
Make notes directly to the screen of your website and we will be notified. No more screenshots and trying to explain via email what needs to be done.
- sitewide notices added/removed for holidays or COVID information
And installation of handpicked, free plugins to:
- hide the default /wp-admin login screen from potential hackers
- limit brute force login attempts
- hide email addresses from bots
- reduce contact form and comment spam